Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Vanishing Landmarks

Maxwell House Coffee Sign I was in Hoboken today to do my taxes. Everytime I visit I see something new and realize something old is gone. This is the old Maxwell House Coffee factory and an old poem I wrote.

Tuesday, April 25, Hoboken

Across the Hudson
On the Jersey side
the sun shines hard this Spring morning
The Maxwell House Coffee sign "good to the last drop"
stretches across my windshield
The wind, blows up a decaffeinated dust storm
Tires and pavement hum along to Roy Orbison on the radio
"I was alright for awhile"
"I could smile for awhile"

1 Comments:

Blogger Cassiopeia Rises said...

Oh Phil, I did not know that you also wrote poetry. This poem is excellent as are your Photos. Any one of them could prompt a poem. Come pack to writing using your on Photos. It would great.
I love your images and word flow. I think this is great. Would you mind if I add you to my blogroll?
You must be discovered, and will be. What a very talented man you are.

love, Melanie-bd

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photoblogs.org
View My Profile